[asterisk-users] delay when rinigng asterisk

Doug Bailey dbailey at digium.com
Mon Jul 7 07:49:55 CDT 2008

----- "Eric \"ManxPower\" Wieling" <eric at fnords.org> wrote:

> Tell your box to not expect Caller*ID information.  You set that with
>
> usercallerid=no in /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
>
> Since you are using the Asterisk Appliance you would have to contact
> Digium for support.
>
> Sydney Web Hosting wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I have just setup an asterisk box (AA50) and all is running well.
> >
> > however when I ring the phone number (analog lines) there seems to
> be a
> > delay.
> >
> > I'm ringing from my mobile phone - It rings 4 times on my mobile
> before I
> > can hear it in the office.
> >
> > Any ideas on how to shorten this time?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Dave.

I would avoid using zapata.conf on the AA50 as it is manipulated during
the boot process.  The place to set these parameters is in the general
section of users.conf (which is where the gui places them.)

How is your unit connected to the PSTN.  If you are using an analog input,
you will see its associated led flash when it detects ringing from the
PSTN.  This may help you in determining when the ring is actually
occurring on the AA50.

I'd also encourage you to get in touch with the support group at Digium
as they are quite adept at getting over these types of issues.

- Doug