[asterisk-users] dial plan help.

Joseph L. Casale JCasale at activenetwerx.com
Sun Jul 6 20:39:18 CDT 2008

>So how do we set it up if I'm out of the office, or on the mobile phone and can't answer the call.
>How does it know to go to voice mail?

You set it to ring for a certain duration then go to voicemail after n seconds.
You'll want an incoming call to go to a context at which point you can start deciding what to do based on
key presses they make. One of your key presses (1 for support) would then go to that context possibly at
which point you can ring that phone for n seconds then send it to voicemail.

Check the wiki, it shows how to do this.
jlc