[asterisk-users] Nationwide DID's

Karl Fife asterisk-users at kfife.mailworks.org
Wed Jul 2 18:42:09 CDT 2008

What you are describing already exists in at least one place

les.net

My understanding is that it was started buy a guy named Les Bester, who
was a client of one of my favorite ITSP's (Telasip.com) before he
started his own ITSP.  I think their registration servers are in Canada,
but the media gateways are local, and I have found latency to be very
low.

Les.net offers $1 monthly US National Local DID's with inbound minutes
at something like 1¢/min and $3.99 for untimed inbound minutes on up to
2 bearer channels.  They also offer reasonably cheap termination with
permissive CLID policies.

I use this service all the time.  Just before I put up a craigslist ad,
I go buy a number from them.  When the listing is over, I cancel the
number.  It's great.  I've also used their 800 service for about a year.
 No complaints.

-Karl