[asterisk-users] Choppy audio

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jul 1 20:58:58 CDT 2008

OK just to be clear on what you recommend...

Stop everything, unload zaptel and zrdummy modules... then just
restart asterisk? Does it start zaptel?

This is NOT a slow box. P6 dual core 4 gig cache, 3800 bogomips.

Doug

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008, bkruse wrote:

> I would recommend stopping asterisk (/etc/init.d/asterisk stop)
> /etc/init.d/zaptel stop (unload all modules)
> modprobe zaptel; modprobe ztdummy (in the case that you don't have
> another card for a timing device)
> /etc/init.d/asterisk start
>

> If it is a relatively slow box, try getting the exact sound files you will
> be playing back, if you have the space (make menuselect).
>
> -bk

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *