[asterisk-users] Fax Between IAX Trunks

Alexander Lopez Alex.Lopez at OpSys.com
Tue Jul 1 08:52:42 CDT 2008

OK, there could be a few items here:

1                     Faxes usually do not work over straight IP. I know they can and many including myself have had success the mechanics of the IP network usually won't allow it.

2                     If you are using anything other than a/u law forget it.

3                     What is the connectivity between the Asterisk boxes? If they are plugged into the same private backbone (ie Same Ethernet network) you have a fighting chance. If not, it is up to the Gods of Network congestion.

4                     You may want to read up on the IAXModem pages, Mr, Underwood, explains the use of IAXModem and gives a few pointers on useing the IAXModem to terminal/originate calls on the same machine that has the TDM circuits and use remote serial to bring the fax data back to the hylafax machine.

Alex

________________________________

From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com [mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of Gustavo A Gonzalez
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 9:35 AM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: [asterisk-users] Fax Between IAX Trunks

Hello! I need to send Faxes from an Asterisk box to an Asterisk + Iaxmodem + Hylafax installed on  other box. I have setup IAX trunks between this boxes, all works fine but can´t send faxes from one to other, Im trying with or without NVFaxDetect application but does not work. Is there a way to get it working?. If I connect a fax machine directly to Asterisk with Iaxmodem and Hylafax, I have no problem. But between Iax Trunks nothing happened and the fax machine registered on the first PBX give me a communication error. Thanks for any help or idea to setup and get it working.

Gustavo A. González
Dto. de Infraestructura
Despegar.com, Inc.
ggonzalez at despegar.com