[asterisk-users] Choppy audio

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jul 1 02:15:45 CDT 2008

Using  1.2.29 on Linux version 2.6.18.8-0.3 (SUSE 10.2) Intel 686 dual
core.

I just switched over to this system from an older SUSE 2.4.10 kernel
system.

I am getting choppy audio in voicemail and general message playback.

I installed Zaptel and ztdummy module and the following is zaptel status:

slate:/etc/init.d # cat /proc/zaptel/1
Span 1: ZTDUMMY/1 "ZTDUMMY/1 (source: RTC) 1"

Is this indicating proper installation? Is there anything else I should
try/do??

The choppyness is not extreme, just not perfect. I had no problem in my
old system with 2.4. I had not even installed zaptel or ztdummy there.

Doug

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *