[asterisk-users] CallerID shows wrong values in manager interface

Ex Vito ex.vitorino at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 19:04:17 CST 2008

  I've struggled with this recently. In short:

  - Observed behaviour is expected as of asterisk 1.2 and later,
    as previously described by Mojo

  - If you want to get the caller id for the channel calling (dialling)
    into that channel for that specific Newstate: Ringing event, you
    can use the 'o' flag to the Dial command; in this case you'll get
    old asterisk 1.0 behaviour -- do you really want to depend on
    such an old behaviour ? well I decided I didn't...

  - Otherwise, you'll need to track other events (IIRC, at least, Dial,
    AgentCalled, Newstate, etc) in the AMI so as to know who is calling
    who at a given instant

  - BEWARE: if memory serves me right (search the list archives in the Nov/Dec
    timeframe), the behaviour is not 100% homogeneous for different channel
    types SIP, ZAP, mISDN, IAX, etc. What this means for a simple Dial() from
    one channel to the other is that a) at times you get the Dial
event first then the
    Newstate: Ringing event; and that b) with other/different
orig/dest channel types
    you'll get the events in the reverse order... Nothing much but: i)
you'll have to
    track them either way and ii) it reveals that the AMI events
aren't 100% clean!!!

  :/
--
  exvito