[asterisk-users] Default delay time for Attended call

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 31 16:37:47 CST 2008

Hi Don,

There is no setting you can adjust on Asterisk. For an attended transfer there is no further interaction with the Asterisk dialplan once the transfer button on your Cisco is pressed it's all handled automagically in the SIP channel and channel.c.

When I do an attended transfer through Asterisk the transfer takes about 1 second to complete, 6 seconds seems like a very large amount of time for the operation. With an attended transfer there are no new audio streams to set up for Asterisk and therefore no NAT that could be slowing things down as the audio trys to get through. The only thing that springs to mind would be if the REFER request from your Cisco was getting dropped along the way and taking a few re-transmits to get through. That wouldn't be likely to happen everytime though so a consistent 6 second delay is puzzling.

Regards,

Greyman.

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail