[asterisk-users] Incoming call from SIP proxy to asterisk

Grey Man greyvoip at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jan 31 16:25:03 CST 2008

Hi,

   Client-1--------à Asterisk-----------à SIP Proxy

>    So for call from client-1 to client-2, asterisk forwards the INVITE to the SIP proxy but when the SIP proxy gives the INVITE back to asterisk (as asterisk registered client-2 with the SIP proxy), asterisk is challenging the incoming INVITE. It seems asterisk is seeing the INVITE from SIP proxy as INVITE coming from client (this is I guess as per the lookup that asterisk performs). However is there a way to have it first match the INVITE host IP rather than FROM user first? Or rather is there a way to have this setup working?

Hi Mayur,

Set the outboundproxy setting for the SIP accounts on Asterisk to the IP address of your SIP Proxy.

Note there is also an outboundproxyport setting but it gets ignored by Asterisk. You won't need to worry about this if your SIP proxy is on port 5060.

Regards,

Greyman.

      Make the switch to the world's best email. Get the new Yahoo!7 Mail now. www.yahoo7.com.au/worldsbestemail