[asterisk-users] Bunch of set-up/usage questions (SLA, MWI, SMS proxy's, crypto, Fax, etc)

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Thu Jan 31 13:16:13 CST 2008

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 10:45 -0800, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> (1) what's involved in setting up a call with encrypted media (I'm on a
> cable network and don't want my calls snooped);

Using IAX, it's pretty simple.  See
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/IAX+encryption

> (2) is there a cheat-sheet for configuring Sipura handsets/hardphones
> like the SPA-942, and in particular for message-waiting indicator and
> shared-line appearances?

MWI is easy... simply add a "mailbox=1234 at vmcontext" setting to sip.conf
for the phone.  As far as shared-line appearances go, the only way I
know of is to use the SPA-932 sidecar with the SPA-962 phone, as
documented here: http://www.voipinfo.org/wiki/view/SPA-962

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager