[asterisk-users] Meetme voice quality problems

Matthew J. Roth mroth at imminc.com
Thu Jan 31 12:36:31 CST 2008

Tomasz Zieleniewski wrote:
> ztttest results show value below 99,98:
>
> asterisk at venom:~/src/zaptel-1.4$ ./zttest -v -c 5
> <snip>
> --- Results after 11 passes ---
> Best: 50.003 -- Worst: 49.612 -- Average: 49.931827, Difference:
> 49.931827
This is the first thing I would address.  Get that average to at least
99.98% and it's likely that your problem will go away.
> Do You know how can  I check and set kernel timer frequency?
You can check the timer frequency as follows:

  # grep -e "^CONFIG_HZ" /boot/config-`uname -r`
  CONFIG_HZ_1000=y
  CONFIG_HZ=1000

Setting it requires configuring and rebuilding the kernel.  Try setting
"CONFIG_HZ=1000" and checking the results of zttest.  Depending on how
new your kernel is there are more options, but this is a good place to
start.

I settled on using an empty TDM400P as a timing source, because it is a
simple solution that "just works."  This may still be your best bet, but
I'll defer judgment on that to the list because Asterisk has evolved
quite a bit since I made that decision.

Regards,

Matthew Roth
InterMedia Marketing Solutions