[asterisk-users] func_odbc - trouble

Dirk Enrique Seiffert ds at caribenet.com
Wed Jan 30 10:38:20 CST 2008

Hello,

we are migrating an Asterisk install from Trixbox/Asterisk 1.2 to Elastix
0.92 with asterisk-1.4.17 on CentOS 5. I need to migrate an funtion that
consults a remote sybase database, using ODBC and freetds. On the new
server I am able to connect to the database using isql without problems.

When I try to connect from asterisk logs show:

 pbx.c: Function ODBC_SQL not registered

Indeed I can find this function in /var/lib/asterisk/modules

As far as I understand asterisk needs to be recompiled to include the
function. Recompiling asterisk-1.4.17 I get even into more trouble: make
menuselect shows

 XXX 4.  res_config_odbc

 XXX 13. res_odbc

ODBC Resource
Depends on: unixodbc(E), ltdl(E)

unixODBC and unixODBC-devel are installed.

Thanks for any hint to get my ODBC_SQL included and working!

Enrique

--
Dirk Enrique Seiffert - Lintec S.A.
Ed. Torre del Reloj - Of. 401