[asterisk-users] Problem with DTMF dialing

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Wed Jan 30 04:37:21 CST 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 09:21:31AM +0200, Ian wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have a small problem here. I asked this question on another asterisk
> mailing list, but nobody seemed to be able to help me there.
>
> We are running
>
>    * Asterisk 1.4.17
>    * Libpri 1.4.3
>    * Zaptel 1.4.8
>
> on a 1.6 dual core, 2GB ram and a digium TDM800P wildcard, hardware echo
> cancelation and a quad FXO card.
>
> We have 4 analog lines, one of which is a Cellphone line for least cost
> routing.
>
> The  problem I am having is dialing out using DTMF signalling. At the
> moment I am making do with Pulse dialing through the 3 analog lines. I
> can recieve calls on the Cellphone line without any problems, but cant
> dial out through it, as a cellphone cant do pulse dialing. I have run
> "ztmonitor 1 -f gains", where 1 is the zap channel where the cellphone
> is located, while dialing the number 072 031 1294. I then went to
> audacity, on my own pc, and converted the raw file into mp3 format,

mp3 is a compressed format, and hence may lose some quality. Generally
you should stick with wav. ztmonitor should spit the appropriate sox
command to do the conversion. Maybe it would look slightly different in
the original format.

> which is available for download at
> http://www.iancoetzee.za.net/tone_dial.mp3. After listening to the
> playback I concluded that the DTMF signals being sent is totally wrong.

Is that the whole tone? It is too short to be a valid DTMF.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755              jabber:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
+972-50-7952406           mailto:tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com