[asterisk-users] Problem with DTMF dialing

Ian asterisk at iancoetzee.za.net
Wed Jan 30 01:21:31 CST 2008

Hi all

I have a small problem here. I asked this question on another asterisk
mailing list, but nobody seemed to be able to help me there.

We are running

    * Asterisk 1.4.17
    * Libpri 1.4.3
    * Zaptel 1.4.8

on a 1.6 dual core, 2GB ram and a digium TDM800P wildcard, hardware echo
cancelation and a quad FXO card.

We have 4 analog lines, one of which is a Cellphone line for least cost
routing.

The  problem I am having is dialing out using DTMF signalling. At the
moment I am making do with Pulse dialing through the 3 analog lines. I
can recieve calls on the Cellphone line without any problems, but cant
dial out through it, as a cellphone cant do pulse dialing. I have run
"ztmonitor 1 -f gains", where 1 is the zap channel where the cellphone
is located, while dialing the number 072 031 1294. I then went to
audacity, on my own pc, and converted the raw file into mp3 format,
which is available for download at
http://www.iancoetzee.za.net/tone_dial.mp3. After listening to the
playback I concluded that the DTMF signals being sent is totally wrong.

The relevant pieces of my configs are below

Your help in this matter will be greatly apreciated.

Regards
Ian

--
www.vddi.co.za <http://www.vddi.co.za/>
I Coetzee
E-mail 	: 	ian at vddi.co.za
Skype 	: 	vddb_igcoetzee

*/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf*
; Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM800P Board 1" (MASTER)
;;; line="1 WCTDM/0/0"
;Cellphone
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
context=incoming_calls
callerid=
group=2
busydetect=yes
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
pulsedial=no
callprogress=yes
busycount=5
toneduration=500
subscribecontext=GXP_BLF
overlapdial=no
channel => 1

;;; line="2 WCTDM/0/1"
;Landline
signalling=fxs_ks
callerid=asreceived
context=incoming_calls
callerid=
group=1,2
busydetect=yes
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
echocancel=yes
echotraining=yes
pulsedial=yes
callprogress=yes
busycount=5
toneduration=300
subscribecontext=GXP_BLF
channel => 2

*/etc/zaptel.conf*
# Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/zapconf on Wed Jan 16 12:23:09 2008 -- do
not hand edit
# Zaptel Configuration File
#
# This file is parsed by the Zaptel Configurator, ztcfg
#
# Span 1: WCTDM/0 "Wildcard TDM800P Board 1" (MASTER)
fxsks=1
fxsks=2
fxsks=3
fxsks=4