[asterisk-users] Maybe a little OT---USB Handset

Tim Panton thp at westhawk.co.uk
Tue Jan 29 03:33:04 CST 2008

> Thanks for the replies.
> I wonder if I could use the Yealink phone and write a connector to
> Asterisk with the IAX client on Sourceforge and make the handset look
> like an iaxphone?  Or maybe there is some other easier solution?
> All I
> need is to have the ability to go
> off hook/on hook, pass DTMF, and voice obviously :-)
> JohnM

John,  I've done something similar. I had a simple commandline
IAX phone running on a low powered computer (actually an NSLU2 -
but it could be any linux machine), driving a USB audio card. I didn't
need
a keyboard, as it  auto answered incoming calls.

If you are interested, contact me off list, and perhaps I can help.

Tim.