[asterisk-users] Voicemail - is it possible to automatically use the extension being dialed from?

arkda thrills3k3r at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 16:36:57 CST 2008

Hi,

Is it possible to dial voicemail from a particular phone line and
automatically enter the extension that is being dialed from, thereby only
prompting for the password?

I've been searching around to find if this is possible, but I haven't been
able to find an example of this. I have a feeling it's more of a endpoint
function, but I thought I'd ask if anyone has accomplished this with
Asterisk.

Thanks!