[asterisk-users] Anyone Using a Dell PowerEdge T105 in Production

Steve Totaro stotaro at mail.schoffstall.com
Mon Jan 21 21:03:17 CST 2008

Scott Plante wrote:
> That link isn't working for me. Can you post some details and the
> price so I can see if I can recreate it?
>
> Thanks,
> Scott
>
> P.S. I got one of the new Vostro boxes a couple of months ago for a
> very small Asterisk install and CentOS wouldn't recognize the onboard
> network card. Given enough time we probably could have gotten it to
> work, but we ended up putting in a $10 network card and had no other
> trouble. The Vostro came in at $300 or so.
>
> P.S.S. I know a while back the Dell SC models had problems with Digium
> cards over interrupt handling. Anyone using SCs with Digium cards
> these days?

That deal is no more.  I suspect Dell was trying to really boost sales
figures so they priced this server so low that they could move a few
thousand or tens of thousands of units.  The deal lasted three days.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/pedge_r200?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

Dual Core Intel® Xeon® 3065, 2.33 GHz, 4MB Cache, 1333MHz FSB, No
Operating System       Unit Price               $1,606.00
    Save $807 on Select PowerEdge 1900 servers through Dell Small Business!
Special Offer           View Details
                - $807.00
TOTAL:$799.00
This deal is pretty good for a mid range server:
PowerEdge R200      Dual Core Intel® Xeon® 3065, 2.33 GHz, 4MB Cache,
1333MHz FSB
Operating System     No Operating System
Memory     2GB DDR2, 667MHz, 4x512MB Single Ranked DIMMs
Riser Card     Riser with 2 Slots: 1 PCI Express x8 slot and 1 PCI
Express x4 slot
Primary Hard Drive     160GB 7.2K RPM SATA 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive
Network Adapter     On-Board Dual Gigabit Network Adapter
CD/DVD Drive     No CD/DVD
Bezel     Bezel
Documentation     No Hard Copy Documentation, E-Docs Only and OpenManage
CD Kit
2nd Hard Drive     160GB 7.2K RPM SATA 3Gbps 3.5-in Cabled Hard Drive
Hard Drive Configuration     Onboard SATA, 2 Drives connected to Onboard
SATA Controller - No RAID
Rack Rail Options     No Rails Included
Hardware Support Services     3Yr BASIC SUPPORT: 5x10 HW-Only, 5x10 NBD
Onsite
Installation Services     No Installation Assessment
Power Cords     Power Cord, NEMA 5-15P to C13, 15 amp, wall plug, 10
feet / 3 meter

Thanks,
Steve Totaro