[asterisk-users] Calls Being Randomly Bridged

Steve Davies davies147 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:22:43 CST 2008

Hi,

My personal experience of this is that the call transfer facility on older
vesions of snoms (6.2.x is rather old now) is quite hard to get to grips
with - Particularly when managing multiple calls. Newer versions seem to be
better, but generally you need to train people to look at the screen and use
the silver keypad to choose the call to transfer to.

The worst situation is where 2 calls come in with no caller-id, so you have
no clue which call to transfer, and the phone does not store sufficient
state to automatically transfer the "last call I was on" to the "current
call I am on", or even make this the default transfer target, which is going
to be the requirement 99% of the time...

We use 6.5.12 firmware and upwards to 6.5.15. We have an open support ticket
on 7.1.30 causing calls to hangup when put on hold, so are not brave enough
to go there yet.

Regards,
Steve