[asterisk-users] Calls Being Randomly Bridged

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Sun Jan 20 06:26:41 CST 2008

On 13:06, Sun 20 Jan 08, Fons van der Beek wrote:
> Michael J. Liberatore schreef:
> On the snom 360
> If you pay close attention when you transfer the calls, you can see the
> names/numbers of the calling partners
> by using the "cursor" button (the round button with arrows) you can
> select to who you want to transfer to.
> It's an user issue, but you can't "blame" the user when there is a lot
> incoming traffic it takes too many button presses and careful attention
> to make a correct transfer.
>
> How to disable it?
> I don't know but i faced the problem that users occasionally want to
> bridge calls.
> e.g. someone calls for a person that only can be reached by Cellphone,
> this can be accomplished by asterisk and is often needed.
>
> Personally I'm still looking for a good solution for a central station
> that is easy to use and has a professional appeal, i thought the linksys
> 962+932 was it, but it has also some drawbacks.
> One(or two) button attended transfer is not reliable. certainly not when
> there are 2 or three simultaneously incoming calls. It gets confusing at
> that time.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions don't hesitate to make them!

We noticed the same problem.
We tracked it down to this:
snom gets a call and answers it.
snom talks to the user. While talking to the user a second
call comes in (callwaiting is enabled)
user wants to be transferred so the snom operator hits the
transfer button.
snom automagically selects the second incoming call as
target and bridges them.

We called snom and they told us it's by design.

We have not tested the new 7.1.30 firmware, but there have
been a lot of changes in the hold/transfer/fwd functions, so
maybe they fixed it.
We replaced the phones by aastra's on this particular
location and everything is fine now.

--

Michiel van Baak
michiel at vanbaak.eu