[asterisk-users] asterisk-1.2.26.tar.gz Thoughts?

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 19 06:44:58 CST 2008

What you run it on is very much a function of how reliable you want the
system to be.  The better the hardware, the more reliable it will be.
If you're running in a business environment, then I wouldn't recommend
anything less than server grade - even if it's low end server grade.
The company I work for supplies either Dell PowerEdge 860s (1RU servers
that are similar in price to an upper mid-range desktop) or Dell
PowerEdge 840s (tower cases that are similar in price to a mid-range
desktop)

Running on cheap hardware is a great way to cost yourself more in the
long run - in lost productivity, lost sales and IT support.