[asterisk-users] OT: Call for beta testers (well... perhaps late Alpha).

SIP sip at arcdiv.com
Fri Jan 18 10:00:51 CST 2008

We've just launched the beta of a free service which is, really, still
only JUST out of the alpha stages.

http://www.voipmagnet.com

The basic idea is this: it's an opt-in directory focused on VoIP contact
info (with elements of social networking and privacy control).

Again, the service is very rough, but we'd like input from the VoIP
community.  There are a good many things that are likely buggy, broken,
or not yet implemented, but we feel that's what a beta is for. If you
have any questions/concerns/issues/feedback/abuse, feel free to send it
to me directly via email or post it to the list.

Some things we know will be changed soon:
-ability to add multiple VoIP accounts with each login (this is in the
DB, but the interface elements are there yet -- we didn't like the way
they looked first pass 'round)
-ability to invite friends to join up so you can share contact info with
friend groups without making everything (or anything) public
-search optimisations (searching is functional, but a bit rough. We're
looking for any and all input there, of course)

We've a whole plate load of ideas for what to cram into the service, but
the intent is to keep it free and provider-agnostic, but still maintain
a centralised location where anyone can go and look up friends or
coworkers to find out what VoIP service they're using and how to get in
touch.

We're open to any and all suggestions to what to add/change/fix to make
this a service out of which the community will get some use.

--
Neil Fusillo
CEO