[asterisk-users] AddQueueMember and Flash Operator Panel

jason at mhonetworks.com jason at mhonetworks.com
Wed Jan 16 18:11:44 CST 2008

Hello users!

Recently I read that AgentCallbackLogin is going to be deprecated soon.
Wanting to set up a few callback type queues, I set them up as suggested
in queues-with-callback-members.txt.

I was able to set the queues up completely this way, however, I'm trying
to use Flash Operator Panel (aka AsterNIC) to monitor the agents' login
status.  FOP monitors their status if I call AddQueueMember with their
actual interface (which, by the way, makes more sense to me than logging
them in via chan_local), and it even seems to work with
Local/${AGENT_EXTEN}@default.  But if I use any context other than
"default" here, FOP doesn't recognize that the agent is logged in.

(The users' default context isn't even set to default, and it behaves this
way even if the users' voicemail context is something else, so I am
guessing that is hard-coded in FOP somewhere.)

If I log them in from Local/${AGENT_EXTEN}@default, FOP works and the
agents get the calls, but then it's just dialing them directly - there is
no way to increment OUTBOUND_GROUP or check the value of GROUP_COUNT.  As
a result, calls are routinely sent to agents who are already on the phone,
which I don't want.

Obviously, the next reasonable solution would be to use some other context
for the default context, and use [default] instead of [agents] for
incrementing OUTBOUND_GROUP and checking GROUP_COUNT, but I'm pretty sure
this would break the functionality of AsteriskGUI almost completely, and
I'm trying to preserve as much of that as possible.

Am I missing something?  Is there a way to make all of this work together
without modifying some source code?

Thanks in advance!

Jason Burbage
jason at mhonetworks.com