[asterisk-users] Digium Part#'s (Was: Difference between TE121 and TE122)

Dave Fullerton dfullertasterisk at shorelinecontainer.com
Wed Jan 16 09:30:18 CST 2008

Igor A. Goncharovsky wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Guilherme Loch Waltrick Góes wrote:
>> What's the difference between the TE121 and TE122. I read the description on
>> Digium's site and it isn't clear to me.
>> Best regards,
>>
> The only one difference is interface: one of them have PCI and other
> have PCI-Express.

Here's my rant for the day:

The one thing that's bugged me about Digium's model numbers is the
difficulty in determining features just by looking at them. The one
thing that is easy to tell is the maximum number of ports/channels the
card will take. From there it gets harder. Analog is either TDM* or
AEX*. PCI or PCI express can sort of be determined by whether it ends
with a P except on the TE122?. Whether hardware echo cancellation is
built-in, available or not present can sort of be determined for digital
cards if it ends in 2 or 7 except on one port models. PCI card voltage?
Again, sometimes you can use the last digit but not on one port models.
If you want to know what a card's capabilities are you're better off
just memorizing each part number. Maybe there's a scheme I'm just not
capable of understanding here.

Rant off.

-Dave