[asterisk-users] cisco ip phne 7911G with asterisk

Christian Pinedo Zamalloa christian.pinedo at yahoo.es
Wed Jan 16 09:16:22 CST 2008

On Tue, Jan 15, 2008 at 01:14:42PM +0000, Christian Pinedo wrote:
> hi,
>
> I'm trying to configure a Cisco IP Phone 7911G in order to work with Asterisk. I have loaded the 8.3.3 SIP Firmware of Cisco through a DHCP and a TFTP server. All seems ok  but a file that is downloaded : term06.default.loads (I understand that is for 7906 model) instead of term11.default.loads (I understand that is for 7911 model). In any case the phone reboots well.
>
> At this moment I thought that the phone should ask the SEP<mac>.xml.cnf file but it asks CTLSEP<mac>.tlv all the time. I don't have this file in the server and it tries to download every few seconds whitout asking another file. According to what I have read this file shouldn't be neccesary and, when the phone cann't obtain it, the phone should ask SEP<mac>.xml.cnf. I don't know if I'm doing something bad or if it could be a issue of the firmware version.
>
> I would thank some clue. Thanks,

It was a TFTP server issue. The classical TFTP server used in the unix
world responds to queries with bad error codes. I finally
used aTFTPD that does this well so the phone understands that there's no
CTLSEP file and then asks for SEP file.

--
Christian Pinedo Zamalloa (zako)
PGP key at: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x828D0C80