[asterisk-users] G.729 pre-compiled binaries and Asterisk 1.2.x.

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Tue Jan 15 03:05:35 CST 2008

Andrew Joakimsen wrote:
> On Jan 14, 2008 7:50 PM, Steve Totaro <stotaro at totarotechnologies.com> wrote:
>>

>> Anyways, buying the license is the right thing to do unless you live where
>> software patent laws are not applicable.
>
> Totally agree.

I have bought many more licenses from asterisk than I've ever used, and
mostly use the asterisk.hosting.lv codecs.

Twice now while using the digium codec, upon upgrading asterisk, it
stopped working.

The Beta codec (based on IPP5), is much much faster than either the
digium or the older codec, and at home (only place I run beta software),
there hasn't been a problem.

Mind you, according to show translation, the older codec (based on
IPP4), is faster than the digium codec too.