[asterisk-users] G.729 pre-compiled binaries and Asterisk 1.2.x.

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Mon Jan 14 16:09:49 CST 2008

Asterisk 1.2.24 seems to crash repeatedly under any substantial call load
(and sometimes without a substantial call load - just one SIP leg is
enough to do it) when using the G.729 pre-compiled binaries from:

 	http://asterisk.hosting.lv/

As per:

 	http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+G.729+Licensing

Time to crash is variable, but seems to require at least an hour of
production performance (50+) to get there.  Sometimes a little less, but
not much.

Has anyone else experienced this, and anyone know what gives?  My first
thought would be a slight incompatibility between the binary and the
instruction set for the CPU that is only triggered sparsely.  However, I
am confident I have the correct instruction set matched to my CPU (Xeon).

Thanks,

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems