[asterisk-users] PRI Down but zaptel lets calls through

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Sat Jan 12 21:33:18 CST 2008

For some reason its "ANSWERED" I just checked the cdr.

When the line went down I called verizon, they came out and said their
equipment was perfect and the problem was with our
Equipment.  So I called Sangoma and talked to one of their techs, he
ssh'd into the box and checked our sangoma t1 card,
He  said the levels were low, so he showed me in wanpipemon that the rx
levels were -7.5db to -10.5db and said that was too poor, that it should
be > -2.5db like the other side of the point to point is.  He said to
have verizon to increase the levels to the next step up.  I said well
its only 15 feet away, he said it dosnt matter, it still needs to be
increased.  So I called verizon and they said they had to send someone
out to increase the levels, so verizon sent someone out the next day and
that person didn't increase the levels, they said the lines (outside)
were terribly corroded and needed to be replaced (which is funny since
the guy the day before said it was "perfect") and there was a ground on
one of the pairs.  So verizon came out today and fixed it and now the t1
line is back up, but the levels are still -7.5 to -10.5db on that side,
but its working, perfectly, I think.  So who knows.

I still want to get this issue with the fall through figured out so next
time it goes down it will automatically fail over like it does on the
other side of the t1.

Thanjks

Mike