[asterisk-users] interconnecting an asterisk server with an old alcatel PBX through a Digium B410P

Daniele visaggio.daniele at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 03:56:02 CST 2008

Hi guys,

I need to interconnect an asterisk server (1.4.17) with an alcatel pbx,
because i want that an asterisk extension can call an alcatel extension
and viceversa. I need to do this throug a NT port (of the digium card)
for technical reasons (linked with alcatel hardware).

Card installation was fine, but i'm not sure of the configuration i
choose. In /etc/misdn-init.conf i put my port 1 as nt_ptp with
"nt_ptp=1", the other port are configured in te_ptp mode. Obviously port
1 jumper is set in NT mode. In /etc/asterisk/misdn.conf i put this:

[out]
ports=1,2,3,4
context=from-pstn
msns=*

imho, this is the wrong configuration, because i put together NT and TE
ports in the same context...how can i fix this? Have i to create another
context only for NT port?

Moreover, if in asterisk CLI i run "misdn show config 1", i get "port 1
is not active". So, how can i enable port 1 in NT mode?

many thanks - Daniele