[asterisk-users] MFC/R2 Signaling configuration

Brian Hutchinson b.hutchman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 23:11:20 CST 2008

Hi Moy,

Bottom line up front (yes I'm military):How do I now configure some of my
spans as normal Euro ISDN and a few with R2?  Do I use a combination of
/etc/asterisk/unicall.conf and /etc/zaptel.conf or just unicall.conf for
everything?

See below for the rest of the details and thanks in advance for advice!

I downloaded your astunical-1.4.16 and have been studying it.

I have a machine running the latest download of asterisk-1.4-17 and was
trying to figure out how to build MFC/R2 support into it.

I merged your unicall specific changes from the Makefile in channels
directory to the new 1.4.17 channels Makefile (only like 4 changes).

Next I went into each individual directory of your tarball and started
building.

I did spandsp-0.0.4 first and that appeared to work OK.

Next I did libsupertone-0.0.2 which again appeared to work OK.

Next I did libunicall-0.0.3 which went OK.

Next I did libmfcr2-0.0.3 and that didn't go OK.

I captured the output of make and found that the build of mfcr2.c died
because it couldn't find the include file "linux/zaptel.h"

I did a find on my system and saw where zaptel.h was in
/usr/include/zaptel/zaptel.h

Once I fixed that ... I backed out to the main asterisk-1.4.17 directory and
did a make there and it looked like it build chan_unicall OK and make
install put the .so in the right place.

I noticed that your tarball did not include a unicall.conf file.  Do you
have one?

I'm using two Digium TE420B (with DSP).  Most of my trunks will be EURO ISDN
and two of them need to do R2 signalling.  How should my configs look?  Are
all trunks configured with unicall.conf now or do I still have to use
/etc/zaptel.conf?

(time goes by)

rebooted the box and now it seg faults over and over because I guess I
don't have the unicall conf set up right.

I've left for the day and I'm sending this from a mobile device so I
hope it makes it and looks ok. I'm in Iraq so I didn't want to lose a
day due to the time difference.

Regards,

Brian