[asterisk-users] How to check if a SIP phone isforwardedwithout ringing it ?

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 04:23:12 CST 2008

There is something called as answer-mode in SIP. The idea is to allow the
UAC to request the UAS to auto-answer the call. At least in theory, this
could be used to check the status of the phone without ringing it. This is
obviously not an ideal replacement of OPTIONS. Also, this is a new spec so
I'm not sure how many phone vendors support it yet:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sip-answermode-06.txt

--
Raj