[asterisk-users] Cisco 7941G-GE with Asterisk and CTPSEP odyssee

John Novack jnovack at stromberg-carlson.org
Fri Jan 4 12:00:52 CST 2008

Your nomenclature on the modular plugs are incorrect.
RJxx references specific JACK wiring schemes originally defined in FCC
part 68, but removed in year 2000
There are:
4position 4 contact  plugs - used for handsets and Sangoma A200
6 position plugs, with either 2,4 or 6 contacts - commonly and
erroneously called RJ11
8 Position plugs with 8 contacts used for many applications, including
Ethernet
10 position plugs - seldom if ever seen.

For more detail:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modular_connector

John Novack

Dog is my co-pilot