[asterisk-users] HFC-S zap channels always busy

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Fri Jan 4 11:06:56 CST 2008

On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 04:29:19PM +0100, Jaap Winius wrote:
> Quoting Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>:
>
> > What is the output of:
> >
> >   pri show spans
>
>       PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, Down, Active
>       PRI span 2/0: Provisioned, Down, Active
>
> > Do incoming calls work?
>
> Negative, and nothing shows up on the CLI. And that's after creating
> separate contexts called [default] and [pstn-in] in extensions.conf
> for incoming ISDN calls.
>
> > Interesting... which one of those two is used?
>
> Good question. I've wanted to test that, but they're all the same: in use.
>
> > I suspect vzaphfc is loaded automatically by udev, unless you have
> > zaphfc explicitly in /etc/modules .
>
> It's not mentioned in /etc/modules.
>
> I also tried removing only vzaphfc or zaphfc and learned two more things:
>
> 1) After modifying zapata-channels.conf accordingly, no zap channels
> will show up in either of these configurations, i.e. "pri show spans"
> shows nothing.
>
> 2) If I start Asterisk by running "genzaptelconf -sd -c nl", the other
> module will first get loaded, zapata-channels.conf will be restored to
> its original state* and all the channels will once again be in use.
>
>     # cat zapata-channels.conf
>     ; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
>     ; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
>     ;
>     ; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is intended
>     ; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the
> global settings
>     ;
>
>     ; Span 1: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A Zaptel Driver card 0 [TE]" (MASTER)
>     group=0,11
>     context=from-pstn
>     switchtype = euroisdn
>     signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
>     channel => 1-2
>     group=
>     context=default
>
>     ; Span 2: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A ISDN card 1 [TE]"
>     group=0,12
>     context=from-pstn
>     switchtype = euroisdn
>     signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
>     channel => 4-5
>     group=
>     context=default
>
> This is what "genzaptelconf -sd -c nl" keeps producing, although it
> doesn't look right.

genzaptelconf is used for detection. This is not something you should
run on each startup.

Where does it get the configuration wrong?

(And you don't have to #include that file into zapata.conf. You can put
whatever you want in your zapata.conf. That was the point of generatign
a file that is not zapata.conf)

What do you have in your zapata.conf? Can you post it here?
What is the output of:

  asterisk -rx 'zap show chanels'
  lszaptel

--