[asterisk-users] HFC-S zap channels always busy

Jaap Winius jwinius at umrk.to
Fri Jan 4 09:29:19 CST 2008

Quoting Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com>:

> What is the output of:
>
>   pri show spans

      PRI span 1/0: Provisioned, Down, Active
      PRI span 2/0: Provisioned, Down, Active

> Do incoming calls work?

Negative, and nothing shows up on the CLI. And that's after creating
separate contexts called [default] and [pstn-in] in extensions.conf
for incoming ISDN calls.

> Interesting... which one of those two is used?

Good question. I've wanted to test that, but they're all the same: in use.

> I suspect vzaphfc is loaded automatically by udev, unless you have
> zaphfc explicitly in /etc/modules .

It's not mentioned in /etc/modules.

I also tried removing only vzaphfc or zaphfc and learned two more things:

1) After modifying zapata-channels.conf accordingly, no zap channels
will show up in either of these configurations, i.e. "pri show spans"
shows nothing.

2) If I start Asterisk by running "genzaptelconf -sd -c nl", the other
module will first get loaded, zapata-channels.conf will be restored to
its original state* and all the channels will once again be in use.

    # cat zapata-channels.conf
    ; Autogenerated by /usr/sbin/genzaptelconf -- do not hand edit
    ; Zaptel Channels Configurations (zapata.conf)
    ;
    ; This is not intended to be a complete zapata.conf. Rather, it is intended
    ; to be #include-d by /etc/zapata.conf that will include the
global settings
    ;

    ; Span 1: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A Zaptel Driver card 0 [TE]" (MASTER)
    group=0,11
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
    channel => 1-2
    group=
    context=default

    ; Span 2: ZTHFC1 "HFC-S PCI A ISDN card 1 [TE]"
    group=0,12
    context=from-pstn
    switchtype = euroisdn
    signalling = bri_cpe_ptmp
    channel => 4-5
    group=
    context=default

This is what "genzaptelconf -sd -c nl" keeps producing, although it
doesn't look right. But, even if I comment out the first or second
part and restart Asterisk, the remaining channels are always in use,
dialing in doesn't work (number not available), and nor does dialing
out (cause 34 - Circuit/channel congestion).

Cheers,

Jaap