[asterisk-users] Using Asterisc for Taking Calls for Radio

Shane D chatter8712 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 19:36:10 CST 2008

Hello Asterisc-Users List,

I am new to the list. I joined with a question in mind: How would you
set up an asterisc box so that:
(A) Someone dials a number
(B) They are presented with a menu
(C) Entering a number, like 1, connects a call to me.
(D) I am on a mixing board, running an internet radio show. I want to
run asterisc into the board, and run an output from the board to
asterisc. Is that possible using a soundcard? I don't really want to
spend money.
(E) I want the board to start wringing when I get a call, and I want
the call audio to the board as well.

I also would like it if I could not use my local phone line. I would
prefer something like a free internet based number. The box will not
need to be able to call out, so that's not a problem. A friend of mine
uses asterisc, and has a free internet based number for asterisc. I
would like to do the same.

I hope this is possible, and thanks in advance.

Shane

--
-Shane
Blog: http://blind-geek.com/blog/