[asterisk-users] Recorded calls skipping

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Wed Jan 2 20:18:16 CST 2008

Jay Moore wrote:
> Greetings, List.
>
> I'm having a problem where my recorded calls are skipping every 4-5
> seconds are so.  I can hear the caller (or callee) just fine and then a
> second or so of silence followed by the person talking again.  I'm
> saving my calls as .gsm files and it's worked fine for the past 11
> months.  I make sure I remove the recorded files from my Asterisk box
> and put them onto our fileserver, so it's not an issue of disk space.
> No other settings have been changed, so I'm not sure why my calls aren't
> being recorded properly now.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jay

You do not mention call volumes or simultaneous calls being recorded.
If you are pushing around 70 or so simultaneous calls then you probably
have an I/O issue with your hard drive.  Although, I received complaints
from the phone users about audio chopping before the recording were
affected.  I assume you are using the monitor app?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro