[asterisk-users] Lamps on Snom phones

Phil Knighton phil.knighton at mjog.com
Wed Jan 2 11:28:42 CST 2008

Thanks for your reply Stefan :-)

I'm using Asterisk 1.4.10 now, I was using 1.2.16.  My config hasn't
changed between the two, both had the hints set in extensions.conf with
entries such as "exten => 510,hint,SIP/510".

Each of the Snom phones has function keys programmed with the relevant
phones to monitor, with a function key set to "Extension" ("Destination"
on older Snoms) and "<sip:510 at 10.0.0.30;user=phone>" - for example.  The
keys will still call the programmed phone when pressed, but that is the
only time the lamp works - when physically pressed.  If I dial 510
manually, the "510 function key" used to flash to show it was ringing.
This no longer happens.

This was all working fine on 1.2, but since moving to 1.4 all of the
lamps on all of the phones have stopped working!

I've tried the points mentioned in a previous answer with no luck, as
far as I can see form the examples in extension.conf (v1.4) I have
configured the hints correctly. I've also checked the sip.conf file, and
set the subscription settings as follows:

allowsubscribe=yes
subscribecontext=softoption-hints
notifyringing=yes
notifyhold=yes