[asterisk-users] which phones to use ??

randulo randulo2008 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 23:15:51 CST 2008

On Sat, Mar 1, 2008 at 1:07 AM, Rob Hillis <rob at hillis.dyndns.org> wrote:

>  For your own sanity's sake, steer as far away from Grandstream as possible.
> The firmware is appalling and isn't improving a great deal.  They make great
> steps in one area while another gets worse and worse.

I know a lot of people feel thzat way about GS, but many have had good
luck with them. They're cheap, there's no getting around that, and
they make a decent starter phone. Ironically, on the VoIP Users
Conference yesterday, a person using a BT102 had better sound than
many other callers in the past.

I would recommend that if anyone has a firmware version that works,
don't ever change it though :)