[asterisk-users] What causes SIP 486?

Michael Munger michael at highpoweredhelp.com
Wed Feb 27 11:01:29 CST 2008

We have an asterisk system and Polycom phones that were provisioned by
someone else. They want to get call waiting to work, but for the life of
me, I cannot figure out why the Polycom is returning a SIP 486 Busy Here
when you call and the person is already on the phone.

I have the feeling there is a configuration in sip.cfg or mac.cfg that I
am overlooking. Any thoughts?

Calls per line key was set to 1, but I have set it to 2, and rebooted
the phone using sip notify Polycom-check-cfg and the extension for this
phone. Still no joy.

Yours,

Michael Munger, dCAP

404-438-2128