[asterisk-users] Attended transfers and orginal caller ID

Chris Bagnall lists at minotaur.cc
Wed Feb 27 10:42:04 CST 2008

Greetings list,

Have there been any further developments recently regarding presenting the
original caller's caller ID to SIP devices after an attended transfer? I've
googled around on the topic, but most of the threads I've found (some from
this very list) are all dated back in mid-2006 and I wondered if there have
been developments on the issue.

To recap, the desired behaviour would be as follows:
External caller dials B
    B's phone displays the external caller's CLID
B performs an attended transfer to C
   C's phone also displays the external caller's CLID

As I understand it, current behaviour is as follows:
External caller dials B
    B's phone displays the external caller's CLID
B performs an attended transfer to C
   C's phone displays B's CLID

Any thoughts?

I'm currently trying to replace an ageing Avaya at a client's site, and I
must admit it's the first time I've come across the issue (and it's an issue
with this one because the client expects the external caller ID).

Are there any ways around it?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Chris