[asterisk-users] Had it with Dell Garbage

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 14:10:24 CST 2008

I've had it with Dell server garbage.    They seem to change RAID
controllers as much as I change socks, and then the controllers don't work
with Linux, unless you load a new driver.    They sell servers with a PCI-e
slot in them, but then you get it and find out the RAID controller is using
the PCI-e slot!   Their sales folks are dumber than rocks, and they change
them more often than I change underwear.
[end rant].

Can anyone recommend an IBM or Gateway server that you have used with
Asterisk and are happy with, and which will support RAID-1 or RAID-5 and has
room for one or two PCI-express interface cards?