[asterisk-users] Realtime Queue Status for Agents

Ken Leland III k3leland at monmouth.com
Mon Feb 25 15:35:48 CST 2008

Hello,

I am having a problem which stems from the fact that the Agents that
handle my call queues are unaware if there are are people waiting in the
queue.  I have found the following configuration options but they are
not very helpful.

in queues.conf:
announce=xxx
The "announce = XXX" option in queues.conf makes Asterisk play the XXX
announcement to the member of the queue who picks up the call,  This is
helpful but does not help if there is only one agent and the queue fills
up quickly *after* a call has been answered.

periodic-announce
this would be perfect except it is played to the caller instead of the
agent.

any ideas?

--
Ken W. Leland  III