[asterisk-users] Considering replacing ATA with linecard.

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Mon Feb 25 14:27:48 CST 2008

One of my ATAs became unreliable recently, and I replaced it with 2 ATAs
that I had spare (a PAP2, and a cisco 186).

A while back, I replaced an spa3k with a linecard (the spa3k now is only
used to connect the FXO and FXS ports during a power cut).

I am considering replacing the ATAs with another linecard. (idea being
that it will be a lot tidier, running less kit and would probably be a
lot more efficient/reliable).

Is there any real advantage to doing this?
Does anyone know of a cheap off the shelf bit of kit I can use to
replace the spa3k (since all it is doing now is connecting one par of
cable to another in the case of a power cut).

TIA for any help with this.