[asterisk-users] load balancing SIP extensions

Raj Jain rj2807 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 06:30:04 CST 2008

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 19:44 +0200, Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 <
YEHAVI at vms.huji.ac.il> wrote:

> When a call arrives I check whether the REGSERVER coloumn is the same as
> the
> local server or not. If not, then there are two options:
>
> - Pass the call via IAX to the other servers; this makes both server
> process
>  the call and the audio.
>
> - Send a "refer" message to the caller to contact the other server.

You may actually want to use a "redirect" message for this (e.g SIP 302
response). In any case, traversing only one server in the signaling/media
path as opposed to two would generally seem more efficient.

--
Raj Jain

mailto:rj2807 at gmail dot com
sip:rjain at iptel dot org