[asterisk-users] NOKIA E series Phone for SIP-VOIP calling

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Fri Feb 22 13:51:36 CST 2008

On Sat, 23 Feb 2008, amit salunkhe wrote:

> Hi
>    i want to Buy Nokia E series Phone which have InBulit SIP-VOIP Calling
> client so i can make VOIP calls thru that phone. Aslo that Phone easly able
> to register with Asterisk Pbx to recive inter-office calls.
> i try to search from web & also from Nokia site but they only mention this
> features as "VOIP call from wifi" they mentioed only this much info. they
> not mentioed info about inbulit SIP client to make voip calls without
> download any third party software.
>     as per my search i found this 3 phones E51,E61i,E65

I have an E90 communicator and it's working just fine.

However, when I first got it, it would crash on an incoming call, however
it stopped crashing after a few rboots and has been OK since then.

A friend also has an E90, and it hasn't stopped crashing on incoming
calls.

I think they still have a software rev. or 2 to go before it's going to be
solid...

Gordon