[asterisk-users] Maybe OT: SIP - Missing 407 messages

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 10:13:02 CST 2008

Hello everyone,

  I have many Asterisk clients registered to an OpenSER proxy.
Sometimes (for reasons unknown) the 407 Proxy Authentication Required
sent by OpenSER to Asterisk is not received by Asterisk on the client,
causing the call to fail.  No other SIP messages or other IP traffic
seems to be lost (i.e. no packet loss).  We can confirm (via a SPAN
session on the switch) that the 407 makes it to the wire.  We can
confirm (via ngrep/tcpdump) that the 407 is never received by
Asterisk.  At this point I don't think it's an Asterisk or OpenSER
problem but it's so strange I can't be certain.  I've already checked
everything out on OpenSER with Bogdan and he says it looks good.  I
believe him :).

  If anything, I'd like to try the SIP TCP support in Asterisk 1.6 and
see if that makes a difference.  I hope so...

  I've done a full writeup on my blog (took advantage of HTML in a
couple of places) with a description of the problem.  If you think
something is relevant, feel free to copy and paste it into your reply
for completeness in the archives:

ttph://blog.krisk.org/2008/02/missing-sip-traffic.html

Thanks!

--
Kristian Kielhofner