[asterisk-users] SendDTMF not Working - Possible Echo Cancelling Issues

Jake Wicke jake at nxtphase.net
Thu Feb 21 10:00:36 CST 2008

I am having issues with SendDTMF on an Asterisk box using Asterisk 1.4.18 and Zaptel 1.4.8.  As far as I can see, the issues seem to be related to echo cancellation.  The box has a TDM2400p installed and is using the HPEC echo canceller.

The problems occur when I attempt to do an outcall.  The outcall dials a pager number, then connects the dialed call to a context in my extensions.conf which sends a number of DTMF digits to the pager number.

I have changed the pager number to my telephone number and can hear a large amount of variance in the DTMF digits. I believe this variance is what is causing the problem when the pager is dialed.

I have attempted to change the toneduration in zaptel.conf - this setting seems to not work at all - any changes made to this setting make no difference in the duration of the tone sent over the channel.  The output of the script seems to be better (the DTMF is more clear) when echocancelwhenbridged is set to yes.

How do I change the DTMF duration on a zap channel using SendDTMF() as toneduration does nothing?  Is there any way to disable echo cancellation for a single call?

Jake Wicke