[asterisk-users] Sangoma FXO EC vs Rhino FXO EC

Michael J. Liberatore mike240se at straightandnarrowinc.org
Wed Feb 20 16:34:13 CST 2008

>Actually they do have hardware echo cancellation available. Both the
TDM800P/AEX800 and the >TDM410 are available with hardware echo
cancellation on board. Realistically though, with >>>only 5 channels a
software echo canceler like HPEC or OSLEC would probably work well also.

>>-Dave

Do you know how I wouled get that free license?  Nevermind, I just found
it while writing this email,  it appears that I am not eligible for the
free license because I am out of my 1 year warranty.  Do you think
digium would still give it to me since they are giving every one else 5
year warranties now and my cards are within 5 years?

Is there a way to get the serial number of the card through linux some
how?  The site with this card is over an hour driving distance for me so
I cant pop open the box and check the serial number on the card.

Thanks

Mike

Michael J. Liberatore wrote:
> Thanks for the info, I didn't know they now had 5 year warranties,
> that was one big thing keeping me away cause my last card from them
> broke after 13 months and I was stuck with it and lost lots of money.

> But I think I cant look at digium in this situation because I don't
> believe they have echo cancellation on their fxo cards and in this
> instance it's a requirement.  Also the card they have now is a digium
> card (4 port) and they arent happy with it, and it's a current
model...

> So I am back to advise between rhino and sangoma :)
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike

client of Straight & Narrow is confidential. If you have received this
e-mail in error, you must not review, transmit, convert to hard copy,
copy, use or disseminate this e-mail or any attachments to it and you
must delete this message. You are requested to notify the sender by
return e-mail.

DO NOT SEND WITH THIS ACCOUNT