[asterisk-users] IAX registration problem

Andrew Nowrot andrew.nowrot at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 06:46:17 CST 2008

Hi

I am having a problem with proper registration to asterisk through IAX. The
peer (which is Iaxmodem) suppose to register to the server each 60 sec and
it is doing so, but the server is aware of the registration only for first
ten seconds and after that time ipaddr and regsec fields in database (I am
using realtime) are equal to '0.0.0.0.' and '0s' . When I want to call the
iaxmodem during the time the server do not know  where the peer is, I get
this:
Unable to create channel of type 'IAX2' (cause 3 - No route to destination)

I had also moved the config to static iax.conf file and after that
everything started working like charm. So I guess it is not the issue in
iaxmodem but in realtime.

I am using Asterisk-1.4.18 Iaxmodem-1.1.0 and Postgres-8.3.

I started to have this problem after I upgraded from 1.4.13 to 1.4.15 with
.16, .17 .18 the problem still existed.
What do you think about this?

Cheers
Andrew