[asterisk-users] app_voicemail - Failed to open file ../tmp/xxxxx.WAV

John Hawley jhawley at hissingdragon.net
Sun Feb 17 13:50:32 CST 2008

Hi,

Would anyone have a clue on this issue?

I'm running asterisk 1.4.13.  Trying to get a WAV voicemail file
attachment sent to my email address.
Voicemail is working fine.  Email notification of a new message works
fine.  However, when I set up voicemail.conf to have an attachment of
the file sent to email I get an error message like this on the console:

[Feb 17 13:33:37] WARNING[17296]: app_voicemail.c:1633 base_encode:
Failed to open file:
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/hdn/101/tmp/KtqxHG.WAV: No such file or
directory

The directory exists and is owned by asterisk.asterisk.  The context and
extension are valid, and as I said all other aspects of voicemail are
working.  I even get a msg####.WAV file attached to my notification
message, but it is zero bytes.

Sox is installed (if that matters).

This was all working for me earlier.  Not sure when it broke as this is
a test setup and much fiddling has been done.  I upgraded from an
earlier 1.4 version at some point.

Any help is appreciated.

~John