[asterisk-users] Problem with DTMF dialing

Andres Jimenez gandresin at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:48:02 CST 2008

On Fri, Feb 15, 2008 at 9:05 AM, Andres Jimenez <gandresin at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 10:48 AM, Andres Jimenez <gandresin at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > On Tue, Feb 12, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Andrew Joakimsen <joakimsen at gmail.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  >
>  >  >  Maybe it is related but with PRI Asterisk does not generate any tone
>  >  >  it sends a signal regarding your keypress. If you are using SIP phones
>  >  >  make sure the dtmfmode in use is RFC2833.
>  >
>  >  I have just double check and my phones use DTMF in RFC2833 mode.
>  >
>  >  I wil try to downgrade my zaptel later today
>  >

>  CONFIRMED. The problem disappears after downgrading zaptel from 1.4.8 to 1.4.7

Please forgive me because I was wrong.
After downgrading zaptel DMTF works much better, but for some reason
numbers "1" & "2" are not send through DTMF. Every other key
(including "*" & "#") work like a charm.
DTMF works nicely in the LAN side (i. e. voicemail login) , but if I
try to reach our voicemail from the outside I see any key pressed
except "1" & "2".

Telephone is Grandstream GXP-2000, but I think I should blame my * . I
know we are having this problem when dialing through Zap channels
(Digium TE120P card)

Any hint?

Cheers,

--